Friday, November 12, 2004

Blogger's Growing Pains

Ten days ago I posted a note about difficulties with Blogger (the software used for this site). Those difficulties persist. This site has been very slow to load and yesterday I was not able to post at all.



I have written to Blogger Support many times. Here is their latest response:
"Thanks for writing in. Please be assured that we are currently working on addressing and fixing the issue that causes this problem with latency within the application. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused."
In nontech speak, "latency" roughly means it is taking a long time to access a software application or database. Given the size and scale of Blogger and the many sites that use it, migrating servers and recoding software applications to fix this issue is no small matter, I'm certain.



Blogger obviously is having growing pains. Most small business that grow up encounter growing pains at some point. As another business owner I can appreciate the dilemma. As a customer I can only be frustrated.



Thank you for your patience, readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment